HOW WE OBTAIN THE PERSONAL INFORMATION
Unicorn Sleep may obtain, collect, retain, store or otherwise maintain Your Personal Information from the following sources:
• Your Registration to purchase the goods offered by Unicorn Sleep: In order to purchase the goods made available on the Website (“Unicorn Sleep Goods”) or use the services offered on the Website (the (“Unicorn Sleep Services”), We may require that You register with Unicorn Sleep. You will be required to provide Personal Information to Unicorn Sleep in order to register with Unicorn Sleep (“Your Registration”) and maintain Your Registration.
• Your Purchase of Unicorn Sleep Goods: In order to purchase the Unicorn Sleep Goods or use some the Unicorn Sleep Services, You will be required to provide Personal Information to Unicorn Sleep.
• Your Communications with Unicorn Sleep: If You initiate communication with Unicorn Sleep through email, postal mail, telephone or other forms of electronic communications, Your communications may contain Personal Information.
• Your Responses to Communications from Unicorn Sleep: From time to time, Unicorn Sleep may communicate with You through email, postal mail or other forms of electronic communications regarding Your Registration and Unicorn Sleep. If You respond to these communications, Your responses may contain Personal Information.
You can decline to provide Your Personal Information to Unicorn Sleep by not engaging in the activities described above. If You decline to submit Personal Information in connection with creating Your Registration, you will not be permitted to purchase the goods offered by Unicorn Sleep.
Unicorn Sleep also collects non-personally identifiable server-log information relating to users of Unicorn Sleep. This information may include information such as, but not limited to: (i) Your account activity, including storage usage, number of log-ins, data displayed or selected, including user interface elements, links, etc.; and (ii) Your web request, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of Your request, date and time of access, one or more cookies that may uniquely identify Your browser and referrer Uniform Resource Locator. None of this information enables Unicorn Sleep to personally identify or contact You.
HOW WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
• Processing Your Registration;
• Fulfilling and processing Your orders for Unicorn Sleep Goods;
• Fulfilling and processing requests for the Unicorn Sleep Services;
• Processing, formatting and displaying customized content on the Website for You;
• Auditing, research and analysis in order to maintain, protect and improve Unicorn Sleep;
• Communicating with You regarding new and additional Unicorn Sleep Goods and Services and changes to Unicorn Sleep;
• Responding to communications initiated by You; and/or
• Ensuring the technical functioning of Unicorn Sleep, including creating and maintaining back-ups or other archival copies of Personal Information and other related data.
Unicorn Sleep restricts access to Personal Information to those employees, services providers, contractors and agents of Unicorn Sleep who need to access Personal Information for the purposes specified above. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination, if they fail to meet these obligations.
HOW UNICORN SLEEP USES PERSONAL INFORMATION
THIRD PARTY INFORMATION
Unicorn Sleep may collect or purchase information from third parties regarding persons who provided such information to those third parties. Information provided by the third party may include, but not limited to, individual names, email and postal addresses, telephone numbers, birth dates, genders, and any other information provided by the Third Party. Unicorn Sleep uses commercially reasonable best efforts to ensure that (i) the third party possesses the right to transfer the information to Unicorn Sleep and (ii) Unicorn Sleep has received the right to communicate with the persons who provided the information.
COOKIES AND WEB BEACONS PLACED BY UNICORN SLEEP
A web beacon is generally a transparent graphic image (usually a very small pixel) that is placed on a website or in an email which is used to monitor behavior of a user visiting a website or email. When HTML code for a web beacon points to a site to retrieve the image, it can pass along information such as IP address of the computer that retrieved the image, time the page was viewed and length, the type of internet browser that retrieved the image, and any previously set cookie values in regards to the web beacon.
SOCIAL MEDIA AND LINKS
INFORMATION SHARING AND ONWARD TRANSFER
Unicorn Sleep reserves the right to sell, rent or otherwise share some or all of Your Personal Information with other companies or individuals outside of Unicorn Sleep if:
• You have consented to such sale, rental or sharing; and/or
In addition, Unicorn Sleep reserves the right to share non-personally identifiable information relating to users of Unicorn Sleep or the Unicorn Sleep Goods and Unicorn Sleep Services with our partners and advertisers. The information will not be linked to any personal identifiable information.
Unicorn Sleep takes commercially reasonable and appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of its data, including Personal Information stored or maintained on its servers and other systems. These measures include internal reviews of Unicorn Sleep’s data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, as well as physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to servers and systems where Unicorn Sleep stores personal data.
ACCESSING AND UPDATING PERSONAL INFORMATION
When you use Unicorn Sleep, Unicorn Sleep makes good faith efforts to provide you with access to your Personal Information. Where applicable, Unicorn Sleep asks individual users to identify themselves and the information requested to be accessed, corrected or removed before processing such requests, and Unicorn Sleep may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup tapes), or for which access is not otherwise required. In any case, where Unicorn Sleep provides information access and correction, Unicorn Sleep provides this service free of charge, except if doing so would require a disproportionate effort.
Unicorn Sleep is not interested in accepting and does not knowingly collect information from individuals under the age of 18.
If you are located outside of the United States, You acknowledge and agree that by using the Unicorn Sleep Services and by accessing Unicorn Sleep, Your Personal Information will be collected, stored, and used by Unicorn Sleep in the United States. As such, you agree to the collection, transfer, storage and use of Your information in the United States and that the collection, storage, transfer and use of any of Your information will be governed by the laws of the United States.
If You have any additional questions or concerns about this Policy, please contact us at email@example.com.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 allows users who are California residents to request information about the disclosure of their personal information to third parties for direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us by clicking on the link below.
Unicorn Sleep adheres to the US safe harbor privacy principles of Notice, Choice, Onward Transfer, Security, Data Integrity, Access and Enforcement. For more information about the Safe Harbor framework, see the Department of Commerce’s web site.
This page was last updated on February 7, 2017.